Friday, September 17, 2010

Why the cutesy title?

I have a good friend who says she's "an atheist who believes in the divine." One night when her family was over for dinner, our kids began the typical kid-banter about how much they dislike school. One particular child's comment caught our ears: "In Heaven, there's no school!"  My friend was quick to reply, "I hope that Heaven is a school. I would take a lot of botany classes."

Of course, her comment is in line with my religious beliefs--that this life is part of an essential process of discovering everything and becoming perfect.  But, even without those beliefs, the ideas of progress and learning are inside all of us. As a homeschooler and a parent, I couldn't send a better message to my kids: Anyone can believe that Heaven is a School.

1 comment: